NetBox Labs is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 8+ years of experience and strong architectural skills to play a critical role in driving our open source Orb network observability project (https://orb.community) through its next phase of growth.
In this role you will bring:
- Experience with microservices, distributed systems, and event driven architectural patterns
- Experience with Golang, GitHub, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with deploying and operating what you build, including participating in on-call rotation
- Knowledge of the observability ecosystem combined with a strong understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to work autonomously and own projects from design to release
- Great communication skills, including the ability to write technical specifications with diagrams
You will work closely with:
- CTO and Principal Engineer on technical direction
- Backend engineers on integrating Orb into the NetBox Labs cloud platform
- Product owners to bring ideas to life and deliver a compelling user experience
- Community members as users and contributors to the project
It would be fantastic if you have the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Open source projects (founder, maintainer or key contributor)
- OpenTelemetry and IoT frameworks (metrics, logs, traces, MQTT)
- OpenConfig, network automation and discovery software
- Python and C++
Our culture and values:
- We own and solve problems with an innovative mindset and high attention to detail. We are always striving for improvements in our platform and methodologies.
- We put our community first and support our colleagues by sharing our knowledge and providing constructive feedback.
- We value simplicity and focus and think twice before adding complexity.
- Given we are a remote-first team located all over the world, we value strong communication skills and an open, transparent culture. We use Google Apps, Slack, Zoom and Notion to collaborate in real time and work asynchronously. We also get together during the year at company events, plus at industry conferences, and meetups.
Comp and benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Meaningful, early employee Series A equity
- Flexible, unlimited PTO
- Choice of tech – choose your laptop when you join
- Top of market medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401k
About NetBox Labs:
NetBox Labs helps companies build and manage complex networks. We help customers accelerate network automation by delivering open, composable products and supporting the network automation community.
The company’s NetBox Cloud product offers an enterprise-grade, SaaS version of open source NetBox — the world’s most popular network source of truth. NetBox Labs is the commercial steward of NetBox and Orb, the next-generation open source network observability platform.
With dozens of customers like Dartmouth College and Constant Contact, and backed by investment from GGV Capital, Grafana Labs CEO Raj Dutt, Flybridge, IBM, Salesforce Ventures, and Mango Capital; NetBox Labs is building the open, composable network automation stack for networking teams.