NetBox Labs is looking for a Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience to help us accelerate delivery of features and functionality into the NetBox application for both open source NetBox and NetBox Cloud. This role will work closely with both the core NetBox maintainers and the NetBox Labs platform team to execute on high value NetBox features.
In this role you will bring:
- Deep experience with Python and Django
- Experience with modern, secure software design and development practices
- Knowledge of GitHub workflows, unit and functional testing, and CI/CD
- Ability to work autonomously
- Great communication and collaboration skills
You will work closely with:
- NetBox core maintainers to design and execute on features that depend on or extend the core NetBox application
- NetBox Labs platform team to deliver secure, scalable features in the cloud
- Product managers to bring ideas to life and deliver a compelling user experience
- Community members as users and contributors to the project
It would be fantastic if you have the following experience:
- Direct experience working with or contributing to NetBox or NetBox plugins
- An understanding of IT networking and data center concepts and the network automation ecosystem
- Experience working on SaaS applications, especially those built on AWS
- Experience with deploying and operating what you build, including participating in on-call rotation
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Open source projects (founder, maintainer or key contributor)
Our culture and values:
- We own and solve problems with an innovative mindset and high attention to detail. We are always striving for improvements in our platform and methodologies.
- We put our community first and support our colleagues by sharing our knowledge and providing constructive feedback.
- We value simplicity and focus and think twice before adding complexity.
- Given we are a remote-first team located all over the world, we value strong communication skills and an open, transparent culture. We use Google Apps, Slack, Zoom and Notion to collaborate in real time and work asynchronously. We also get together during the year at company events, plus at industry conferences, and meetups.
Comp and benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Meaningful, early employee Series A equity
- Flexible, unlimited PTO
- Choice of tech – choose your laptop when you join
- Employer contributions to local pension plans
About NetBox Labs:
NetBox Labs helps companies build and manage complex networks. We help customers accelerate network automation by delivering open, composable products and supporting the network automation community.
The company’s NetBox Cloud product offers an enterprise-grade, SaaS version of open source NetBox — the world’s most popular network source of truth. NetBox Labs is the commercial steward of NetBox and Orb, the next-generation open source network observability platform.
With dozens of customers like Dartmouth College and Constant Contact, and backed by investment from GGV Capital, Grafana Labs CEO Raj Dutt, Flybridge, IBM, Salesforce Ventures, and Mango Capital; NetBox Labs is building the open, composable network automation stack for networking teams.