Account Executive (Remote – US East Coast)
NetBox Labs is seeking an Account Executive (AE) to play a pivotal role in the growth and expansion of our business. Reporting to our CRO, you will be tasked with proactive outbound prospecting and managing inbound leads. Given the technical nature of our product, a high technical aptitude is crucial to understand and articulate the value proposition effectively to potential clients. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle, including the initial prospecting, qualification, technical discussions, pricing and contract negotiation, deal closure, expansion, and renewal. This role demands a combination of technical understanding, sales acumen, and relationship-building skills to drive significant impact and contribute to the company’s success.
Interested? To apply, send your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively build, qualify, and close a new logo sales pipeline, ensuring you meet or exceed quota and drive steady bookings growth.
- Be responsible for outbound motions to create 30% of your pipeline
- Strategically prospect into Network Engineering management & technical end users, understanding their unique challenges and requirements.
- Build strong and effective relationships with prospects using a consultative sales approach, leading to increased trust and deal velocity.
- Work on both the acquisition of net new customers and the revenue expansion of existing customer accounts.
- Build and manage accurate forecast and opportunity progress reporting.
- Partner with our Solutions Engineers to ensure technical alignment and convey NetBox Labs’ value proposition and key differentiators.
- Continually seek to improve your selling skills and iterate/improve on the sales process.
- Develop an understanding of the partner ecosystem and competitive solutions.
You will work closely with:
- Sales Engineering to ensure that a cohesive technical and business strategy is applied to each prospect, resulting in efficient and effective sales cycles, and repeatable wins.
- SDR and Marketing Teams to collaborate on targeting, segmentation, and outreach strategies and messaging to drive effective prospecting campaigns
- Sales and Executive Leadership to analyze, iterate upon, optimize ourselling motions, and to create accurate forecast visibility.
- Product Team to provide detailed customer insights into features, roadmaps, and requirements that would meet customer demand and accelerate the sales process.
It would be fantastic if you had the following background:
- 3+ years of SaaS field experience with quota-carrying roles in fast-paced markets, focused on closing net new logos and demonstrating the ability to run complex sales processes. Experience working with open source technology is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience working in a collaborative startup environment.
- An entrepreneurial and self-starter mentality with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get involved with many aspects of selling to “get it done”
- A history of overachievement and consistently hitting or exceeding sales targets.
- Proficiency in managing both inbound leads and outbound prospecting to build a robust pipeline.
- Drive and competitiveness, underlined by a strong desire to win.
- Technical aptitude and exceptional ability to articulate the business value of complex, technical enterprise products built on open source technology. Previous experience as a sales engineer or network engineer is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge in Networking, Network Engineering, Network Automation would be a significant advantage.
Our culture and values:
- We own and solve problems with an innovative mindset and high attention to detail. We are always striving for improvements in our platform and methodologies.
- We put our community first and support our colleagues by sharing our knowledge and providing constructive feedback.
- We value simplicity and focus and think twice before adding complexity.
- Given we are a remote-first team located all over the world, we value strong communication skills and an open, transparent culture. We use Google Apps, Slack, Zoom and Notion to collaborate in real time and work asynchronously. We also get together during the year at company events, plus at industry conferences, and meetups.
Comp and benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Meaningful, early employee Series A equity
- Flexible, unlimited PTO
- Choice of tech – choose your laptop when you join
- Top of market medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k employer contribution
About NetBox Labs:
NetBox Labs helps companies build and manage complex networks. We help customers accelerate network automation by delivering open, composable products and supporting the network automation community.
The company’s NetBox Cloud product offers an enterprise-grade, SaaS version of open source NetBox — the world’s most popular network source of truth. NetBox Labs is the commercial steward of NetBox and Orb, the next-generation open source network observability platform.
With dozens of customers like Dartmouth College and Constant Contact, and backed by investment from GGV Capital, Grafana Labs CEO Raj Dutt, Flybridge, IBM, Salesforce Ventures, and Mango Capital; NetBox Labs is building the open, composable network automation stack for networking teams.